Friday, October 5, 2007

God Has Broken The Cycle.

God has broken the cycle…………

God has broken the cycle with this generation; my generation with me. I no longer have been cursed with the generational curses of the abuses. I am no longer a victim of abuses whether it being mental, emotional and the child molestation. I have survived it all. I am healed of these curses by God who has away all the pains of the abuses.

The torments have ended in 1993 when I rededicated my life to Jesus. And I was longer cursed with this mental and emotional torment and pain. So I am free to share of my testimonies to those who really needed the encouragements.

This has been going on for four generation in my family. Beginning with my great-grandmother who was physically beaten by a second husband that she’s still married to many years ago. I knew nothing of this till my mother has told me the truth about my great-grandmother’s past. So that begins the curse, which has followed us to this day. Then, my grandmother was abused by her fourth husband, emotionally, mentally, and physically. He’d in turn had sexually abused her two younger girls who are my mother and my aunt. And, yet the cycle has not stopped till 1993 when I called on Jesus take away this bitterness. This curse that I’ve suffered as the fourth generation. I was the last generation to endure the emotional and mental abuse of my step-father who had molested me when I was a teenager.

Then, there are different forms of mental abuses among the family members; one of my aunts has caused one of her 2 daughters to commit suicide. She survived it and is still living today. My grandmother has committed suicide due to other reasons along with pain of being abused for so long. Then, we have cousins who have committed incest among each other. So living with this curse has not been easy. It never was easy. Of all the four generations; I believed that I’ve suffered the most because it seemed to be the culmination of all the curses combined, which is probably why the Lord has healed me because He is so worthy to be glorified.

I didn’t realize that there have been the generational curses till I read about it in a book written by Frank Marzulo. He had explained in great detail of what a generational curse is.

The curse can be extremely stifling among the family members for they have to suffer because they still do not know the Lord, Jesus Christ. This curse is extremely dangerous because the devil can use it against us as weapon. But, thankfully, I have the Lord on my side.

I may be writing a few installments of one blog about how I escaped with the Lord’s help. So I must warn you. It is not going to be a pretty blog.

Yes, there are scars and the affects of the abuses from the past, but I would rather leave the past behind.

So, yes, God can break a cycle when ask Jesus to change ourselves if we are willing to let Him change us. We must be willing to allow Him to remove all those sins that have placed on us. You see? I didn’t make that choice to live with those generational curses. I was the first person to allow God to break the vicious cycle. He has changed me. He has removed all the affects of the mental and emotional torments. Yes, the scars are still there, but they will be a testament that God has healed me.

I pray that this and the future blogs will encourage you and the others to seek out help among the friends and ask them to pray for you. Ask them to support you or the others who needs the encouragement and that they be lifted up in prayers. God is there when we ask His Name.

May God bless you and take care.

No comments: