Friday, November 2, 2007

A Missing Puzzle Piece Now Found.

Have you ever wondered who you really are when people in your family don’t tell you everything that you really wanted to know about you. Sometimes, the truth can hurt, but it’s better to tell the truth then to find out to your dismay and shock that you’re not really who you think you are.

Well, I have walked around with that puzzle piece for many year not knowing what my heritage was. For about 38 years; I never knew that I was Jewish.

Yes, I was told by my husband, Ken, that I was Jewish since Grandma Penny has told him. Then, later; Grandma Penny told me.

I didn’t take an interest in Judaism till I met this Jewish girl in the outreach ministry for the mentally challenged folks. Shelley has been coming to the Special Gathering and she was curious about Jesus so I decided in some way to show her how Jesus lived as a Jew. By the way; we met in 1998. So it has been awhile that I have been researching the subject of Judaism. Anyway; I’ve learned so much about it that for some reason I was beginning to question why I have certain features of a Jewish person.

No one in my family would reveal that they are Jewish, not even my mother. It’s funny how family secrets are being kept… So I would not give up on finding out who I am till the truth came out.

Well, here I was carrying that puzzle piece for about 38 years. Then, in 2003, my Grandmother has decided one day to talked about her granddaddy. He was known as Granddaddy Shykes. I remember her telling us about him off and on, but hardly anything about her grandmother, so I’ve wondered why. Anyway; Grandma Penny has divulged that Granddaddy Shykes has married a Jewish woman and she has passed away without having any children, then he married another Jewish lady, and that when they had a child together. Her name is Daisy, which is Grandma Penny’s mother. So therefore; Grandma’s Penny’s mom is Jewish, and she is Jewish by nature as well as all her five kids, about nine grandkids, about six great-grandkids, and one great-great-grandkid who are indeed Jewish.

It just boggles my mind why won’t anyone know of their true nature. It just blows my mind why this secret has been away for so long. I just don’t understand it. I can only think of one possible answer as of right now, anti-Semitism. I know that anti-Semitism has been around for thousands of years and is still going on now. Since being a Christian; I knew what persecution means and that is probably why I never hear of our true heritage.

Yes, I have been wondering for a while why was Grandma Penny able to work in the Jewish restaurant in the first place. It’s common sense that their workers had to be Jewish so I didn’t realize it till much later when I put two-and-two together. When Grandma Penny was job-searching; and found this restaurant in Tampa, Florida most likely owned by the Orthodox Jews. So Grandma Daisy has told her that she is indeed Jewish when they asked of her heritage.

So it has taken me a while to figure things out by myself, and actually learned of it at a much later time. Maybe that’s God’s way of bringing His people back to Him, I don’t know.

So now I know for sure who really am! I am not only Jewish, but also am a Messianic Jew. I do believe that Yeshua is indeed a Messiah, and all the signs in the Bible points to Him.

So when folks asked me nowadays of what my nationalities are, I would say that I am Scot/Irish, English, American Indian (Cherokee), and Jewish (Messianic Jewish). It’s quite a combinations. Aren’t they?

Yes, this is the food for thought as I write this so that the truth would win out in the end. So may God bless and take care.

No comments: