Saturday, September 8, 2007

Of Clowns and Geishas...

Of clowns and Geishas……

There were times that I have trouble remembering a lot of things about our family members. Sometimes I remember so much about one person and so little about another. There are cetain qualities or attributes about each person in our family.

I have written a blog about “An Owl Lady”, which was one of the qualities or attributes that I have brought out in Jackie Reinhardt also known as Aunt Jackie some of us. She is the one who has collected anything in the form of an owl, and she did have a chance to hold a live baby owl in her hands.

Now, there is another family member that I would like bring out such an interesting attributes in. This person is into clowns and the Geisha girls. You see? This is only a few things that I can remember of this young man. So I am choosing to bring out these qualities of this young man.

His name is Henry Thomas Hoyle Jr. also known as “Little T.” by many of us family and some of his friends. He has the long blonde hair and has the necklace of the small ivory tooth. He cherishes that tooth-necklace and he has worn that for many years. I may not know how he has acquired it, but that was another one of the qualities that stand out in my memory.

Whenever I see and watched the clowns, I think of Little T. being this or that clown. You see? He used to do clown shows possibly in the carnival or in the parade. (He might have helped in the circus, which I may not know).

So whenever I do the clown ministry in our church, I thought of doing this in his memory just to show that I am honoring his memory. Sort of like a memorial to him. Doing the clown ministry is wonderful and fun once you get used to the routines of putting on the make-up and taking them off.

Then, there are the Geisha girls. Little T. has those two Geisha dolls which are intricately made by an artist who has the high attention to detail. I know that the Geisha dolls are one of the delicate things that Little has collected over the years. I may not know how he has started on collecting the Geisha dolls.

So whenever I played the Mahjongg tiles either on the computer or on the table with the actual tiles; I thought of Little T. and the Geisha girls. Yes, playing the Mahjongg tiles is one of my favorite games to play.

Little T. is the second oldest of the four children of Mary (also known as Aunt Farlene and Mema to some of us) and Henry Thomas (also known as Uncle T. and Granddaddy to some of us) Hoyle Sr.

Some may wonder what has become of Little T. Well, this is what I can say under the circumstances. His death was undetermined. He has died in 1989 near Orange City after something went terribly wrong. So this much I can say for the death was under investigation, and was closed prematurely. Some of our family has known the real reason why he has died so we’ve kept this truth to ourselves till this cold case will re-open with the fresh new eyes. It is so sad when a senseless death has occurred.

So Little T. has contributed part of his life doing the clown shows and collecting the Geisha dolls. So in a way, he is alive in our memories. Now, I can at least, contribute to his in memory this small blog and dedicate it to his name. Henry (Little T.) Thomas Hoyle Jr.

Sara-nora! (Japanese for Goodbye)

And God bless

No comments: