Saturday, September 1, 2007

Distracted Driving.......

Distracted Driving……………….

Try not to be distracted by unnecessary things while you are driving.

Well, I have yet another pet-peeve about my hubby, Ken. Yes, he just did that today. It’s reading while he drives. I don’t know which is worse nowadays, people talking on the cell phone while drive or just doing something to distract their attention from the driving.

I know that a lot of things to do distract people from driving attentively on the roads and highways. Putting on make-up, talking on the cell (or mobile) phone, looking for the CD or DVD, changing radio stations, reading a map, eating or drinking while driving, are some of the common things that would distract people from driving with utmost attention.

I know that driving involve more than one sense in order to pay attention to the road or highway. It involves the eyes to see where you’re going, listening with your ears for any sirens and any odd noises, and using your hands and feet involve coordination in order to operate the vehicle’s dash controls such as the steering wheel and the feet for the gas and brake pedals.

Anyway; here is what I’m griping about Ken’s bad driving habit. He just simply reads the bills while driving. He just had to read the stupid mails while he is driving so how can he be able to pay attention to the road that he was driving. Yeah, there were times; I’ve had freaked out whenever he goes all over the road just because he had to read those bills or mail. I mean he could have just waited till he got home and then read them as soon as he parked the car.

Well, that is another one of my pet-peeves with Ken, my hubby. So whatever you do, drivers, please don’t get too distracted while you’re driving because that is a very dangerous habit that needs to be broken. It’s for your safety and for your own good. J

No comments: